How to clean and disinfect your mattress
What do I need to clean and disinfect my mattress?
- A glass of baking soda (250 grams).
- 5 drops of essential oil of the tea tree.
- A plastic container with a lid.
- A strainer or sieve.
- Too easy. The first thing we will do is remove the sheets and take the mattress to a place where the sun shines and where we have enough space to move and clean it. The ideal is, without a doubt, a balcony or a terrace.
- Why are we going to use baking soda? Because it is an essential, economic and effective element to help us in our daily cleaning. It allows us to eliminate moisture, deodorize and eliminate all kinds of bacteria, dirt and, above all, annoying mites. As for the essential oil of the tea tree, as you already know, it is one of the best natural disinfectants that exist. You can easily find it in natural stores. It is not expensive and it will be used for a multitude of applications: to make hand sanitizers, to clean the bathroom, or the kitchen … It has a pleasant smell and will also make your mattress have that pleasant “new” scent.
- What we are going to do is very simple. Take a plastic container and put 250 grams of bicarbonate in it. Now add the 5 drops of essential oil and stir well so that the two things are mixed. Perfect, you have it almost ready!
- Next step? Now, through the sieve or strainer, spread this mixture of bicarbonate and essential oil on your mattress. First we will do it on the one hand and allow it to act for an hour. Then do it for the other part and let it act for an hour as well. In this way, we will disinfect our mattress.
- Finally, you only have to vacuum the surface of the mattress to remove all the dirt adhering to the baking soda. As you can see, this is a really easy and ideal trick to do once a month. In this way, you will get a deeper and healthier rest, you will notice it especially when you get up in the morning. Do we put it into practice?